Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Voices in our heads?

Do you ever feel like one side of you is thinking or feeling one thing, while another side of you thinks or feels another? Sometimes making decisions becomes difficult because the voices feel like they are at war with one another? If so, you are not alone! Part of our normal developmental process as we grow up is to sort through which aspects of ourselves get us love, attention, and safety. Those aspects tend to have different voices that guide us through life.

That is some of what I learned in a Voice Dialogue for Coaches class with Jan Berg and BJ Levy of inviteCHANGE last week. I became interested in the technique during my coach training and I have been looking forward to adding it to my toolbox to support clients.

I have also enjoyed several sessions with Jan and BJ and find the work incredibly powerful for sorting through the voices in my head so that I can make decisions more clearly and quickly.

What struck me most in the training was the concept of helping clients build a Central Consciousness that becomes the orchestra conductor for the different aspects of ourselves. This enables us to utilize the wisdom of each piece without having them at war with one another so that we can be more effective while having peace in my head! Fantastic! I have already began incorporating the concepts in with my clients with wonderful success!

I am grateful for this wonderful work that empowers people from the inside - out! For more information, please read more, or feel free to contact me.

What are your voices saying?

Until next week, be well!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment