Thursday, April 1, 2010

Delight in the small things!

Hello, friends!

Spring is truly springing here at the farm! With it comes the chaotic energy of creation as everything unfolds to expand into the next bigger version of themselves for the summer.

I wanted to share a quick story that touched me, in the hopes you may also find something for yourself.

My husband and I were driving down a busy, 5 lane road and talking about some heavy topic. We passed by an assisted living community and I thought, "Wow. I don't ever want to live in one of those."

And, then, on the corner of the busy road we traveled and a small, quiet side street, was an elderly man bent over - almost to the ground. He caught my attention because I assumed something must be "wrong"!

As we passed, I realized he was cradling a camera in his hands, and he was leaning over, focusing on a dandalion blossom that was growing up through the crack in the pavement. He was angling to get just the right perspective on this vibrantly gold flower. He seemed so happy - so intent on that moment of perfection.

A flower that countless others have passed by without a thought. Others, with intent to kill or harm.

And, this man, in the middle of this busy world, saw perfection in the simplest, most common of sights. Not only did he notice, he was cherishing the beauty - capturing it to hold onto, perhaps during a rainy day inside.

I asked myself, "Where am I missing the beauty and perfection?" Where am I not noticing, taking it for granted, or not cherishing what I am blessed to behold.

Until next time,
Be well

1 comment:

  1. It takes someone with their eyes open to notice the dandelion - or to notice the man who noticed the dandelion.
    I bet you find many blessings.

    ReplyDelete